Local SEO Strategies in 2022: What to Do and Not to Do? by Best Local SEO Agency Pennsylvania
As the world of SEO continues to evolve, so too do the strategies and tactics used to achieve success. In order to stay ahead of the curve, it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and developments. Local SEO is becoming increasingly important as businesses become more globalized and customers become more mobile. It is estimated that by 2022, over half of all internet searches will be conducted on mobile devices. This means that businesses need to optimize their website and online presence for mobile users if they want to stay visible in the search results.
There are a number of things businesses can do to optimize their website for Best Local SEO Company Pennsylvania. This includes claiming their business listing on Google My Business, optimizing their website for mobile devices, and creating content that is relevant to their local market. Businesses should also be aware of some common local SEO mistakes, such as neglecting to claim their business listing on Google My Business, not optimizing their website for mobile devices, and creating content that is not relevant to their local market.
Local SEO is no different.
What worked in the past may not work today, and what works today may not work tomorrow. To help you stay ahead of the curve, we’ve put together a list of local SEO strategies that will help you succeed in 2022 and beyond.
- Optimize Your Google My Business Listing
Your Google My Business listing is one of the most important aspects of your local SEO strategy. Make sure all of your information is up-to-date and accurate, and take advantage of all the features GMB has to offer, including photos, videos, and special offers. Google is working to give the mobile search a big boost, and it’s using the mobile-first index as the basis for its efforts. The mobile-first index is a fresh, new way of searching the internet that focuses on the mobile version of a site and does not give as much weight to desktop results.
- Get Listed in Local Directories
In order to rank higher in Best Local SEO Services Pennsylvania search results, it’s important to get your business listed in as many local directories as possible. Start with the major ones like Yelp, Foursquare, and Yellow Pages, but don’t forget about niche directories that are relevant to your industry.
- Create and Optimize Local Landing Pages
A local landing page is a page on your website that is specifically designed to attract and convert local customers. Make sure your local landing pages are optimized for both search engines and users and include relevant keywords, photos, videos, and contact information.
- Make Use of Local Schema Markup
Search engines can understand your content better through schema markup. You can boost your rankings in local search results by adding local schema markup to your website.
- Claim Your Google Maps Listing
If you have a physical location, you should claim your Google Maps listing. This will allow you to add photos, videos, and other information about your business, and can help you attract more customers.
- Optimize Your Website for Mobile
More and more people are using their mobile devices to search for local businesses. Make sure your website is optimized for mobile, or you could be missing out on a lot of potential customers.
- Use social media to Promote Your Local Business
Social media is a great way to promote your local business and attract new customers. Make sure you’re active on the platforms your customers are using and take advantage of features like Facebook Places and Google My Business Posts.
- Encourage Customer Reviews
Customer reviews are an important part of Best Local SEO Agency Pennsylvania. Make it easy for your customers to leave reviews by linking to your listing on popular review sites like Yelp and Google My Business.
- Monitor Your Online Reputation
Your online reputation can have a big impact on your local SEO. Make sure you’re monitoring what’s being said about your business online, and take steps to address any negative reviews or comments.
- Stay Up-To-Date on Local SEO Trends
To stay on top of the latest trends and developments in local SEO, it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest developments and trends. Ensure you keep an eye on the search engines for any changes that could affect your strategy by reading industry blogs, attending local SEO conferences, and attending conferences that discuss SEO.
Invest in voice search optimization: With the popularity of digital assistants like Siri and Alexa, more and more people are using voice search to find local businesses. Make sure your business is optimized for voice search by including natural language keywords in your content.
Create a Google My Business page: Claiming and optimizing your Google My Business page is one of the best things you can do for your local SEO. Make sure your page is up-to-date and includes accurate information about your business, such as your hours, address, and contact information.
Make your website mobile-friendly: With the majority of people now using smartphones to access the internet, it’s important to make sure your website is mobile-friendly. This means having a responsive design that looks good on all screen sizes and providing mobile-friendly content.
Build local backlinks: Backlinks are an important ranking factor for SEO. To improve your local SEO, focus on building backlinks from local websites and directories.
Keeping your content short is essential. Stuffing your content with keywords makes it hard to read. As Google penalizes you for keyword stuffing, this will not only irritate your readers but will also hurt your SEO.
Don’t buy fake reviews: It’s tempting to buy fake reviews to boost your ratings, but this is a huge mistake. Not only is it unethical, but it’s also against the terms of service for most review sites. Plus, if you get caught, it could seriously damage your reputation.
Don’t neglect your social media: social media is a powerful tool for marketing your business, but it’s also important for SEO. Make sure you are active on social media and regularly post fresh, relevant content to help improve your SEO.
These are just a few of the local SEO strategies that will help you succeed in 2022 and beyond. Stay up-to-date on the latest trends, and don’t be afraid to experiment
How To: Properly Buy An Existing Domain For SEO Purposes, explained by Local SEO Company Pennsylvania
It’s no secret that one of the tactics search engine optimization specialists use to increase search rankings is domain purchasing. The idea is that you find a domain that currently ranks well within your niche, buy it and then redirect the site to your domain. Alternatively you could purchase this domain and continue to build off of it and utilize its existing rankings and site traffic.
Below are several do’s & don’ts to keep in consideration when purchasing a domain.
- Look for existing rankings
- Research websites existing links. Are they all pointing to the home page or do internal page links exist?
- Examine the existing content on the site; can it be leveraged for more links?
- Take into account the domain age/authority before purchasing
- Take the time to determine if the price of the domain will outweigh natural content building and link building.
- Check to see if any existing penalties or filters have been placed on the domain.
- Map out domains internal pages to the pages of your current website.
- Look for websites that are relevant to your niche.
- Examine incoming links and see if they target your specific keywords.
- Determine if the links from this domain will stay put even after a redirect placed.
- Do look for yahoo, best of the web, DMOZ, business.com directory links.
- Look to see if the backlinks come from other sites that the current site owner may own as well. There is a good chance these links could disappear after the purchase.
- Check out the websites existing traffic and verify it if possible.
- Check the age of the domains existing links.
- Look for authority news sites linking to the domain.
- Purchase a domain based off its Google Page Rank.
- Purchase a domain that only has low quality and spammy links.
- Place too much value on a keyword matching domain. (watch out for hyphenated URLS)
- Redirect the entire website to your homepage.
- Buy a site that’s not indexed in the search engines.
- Purchase domains that are not in your niche.
- Use any other redirect outside of a 301 redirect. The value will not pass otherwise.
- Substitute organic link building with multiple domain purchases.
- Purchase a domain that has its entire link equity coming from a small quantity of domains.
- 301 redirect several newly acquired domains at once; this could send a red flag to Google.
These “Do’s & Don’ts” of domain purchasing hopefully will guide you in the right direction when it comes to you purchasing additional domains. There are too many scammers with the intent of selling you a low value site at a high price. This is why it’s crucial to do your homework before you purchase any domains. Yes there are deals to be had out their but you have to be extra careful when you think your getting a steal. If you follow the basics tips listed above you should be just fine!
For FREE SEO Consulting, contact Local SEO Agency Pennsylvania.