23 Aug THE IMPORTANCE OF VIDEO MARKETING FOR SEO
The Importance of Video Marketing for SEO
- People love great video, and it is one of their favourite types of content.
- There are several types of videos that you can produce: testimonials, product videos, ads, blogs, and so on.
- It is an extensive list, and your only limit should be your niche and what works best for your potential customers.
SEO and Video Marketing
- Your target demographic might love your videos, but how that contribute to organic traffic? What is the effect of video marketing on your SEO?
- Some experts would start first by explaining the purpose of the videos, the size of your business, the industry you are part of, the audience, and so on.
- Even if they love to talk about it for hours, the final answer will always be the same – YES, video marketing is useful for SEO.
Video SEO 101
- Video SEO is a process in which you optimize a video so that search engines can comprehend what’s the video about.
- With a well-done video SEO, search engines can match relevant search queries with your video content.
- The most straightforward way to do so is to include JSON-LD schema markup to the video.
- The metadata in the schema markup will tell search the engine pieces of information such as title, image thumbnail, length, transcript (if possible it is very recommendable), and description. Here how a markup schema looks:
Tips to make the most of your video SEO efforts
- For best results, you need to generate schemes through schema.org.
- Google’s structured data testing tool is a great online tool to check whether internet search engines can read your markup.
- Always follow Google’s official blogs, where you can learn about the best practices that lead to top results.
Additional SEO factors to consider
- If you want to be sure that your video can be crawled by Google, it needs to be in one of the following formats: 3g2, .3gp, .asf,.divx, .avi, .mp4, .mpe, .flv, .f4v, .m2v,.m4v, .m3u8, .ram, .rm, .mkv, .mov,.mpg, .mpeg, .ogv, .qvt, .wmv, .webm, .xap., vob.
- In case the video is on the landing page, make sure that its title is different from the landing page title. At the same time, make sure that the video title is the same as the title in your schema markup.
- The thumbnail needs to be viewable even when brought down to 116 x 65 pixels and can be crawled by search engines.
- Having a transcript is excellent as it can help Google get a better grasp of what’s in the video.
Google has posted a set of instructions that explain how to prepare your video so users can easily find it.
Reasons why video needs to be an integral part of your SEO strategy
Video Content Lowers Bounce Rates and Increases Conversion
- According to research conducted by Wistia, video content significantly decreases bounce rates. On average, people tend to spend 2.5x more time on web pages featuring video content than on webpages without one.
- It’s even more important that video dries conversion. A 2018 study revealed that more than 80% of consumers were more convinced into buying a certain service/product after watching a video.
- With a video, you get an increase in conversion of around 80%. This video needs to be professional and persuasive to get that effect.
Shares & Links
- For the most part, SEO is mainly about content and links. A single blog post with a video in it will draw 33 times more inbound links than a post without a video.
- Social videos are typically shared 12x times more than text and images. The point is well-crafted content that includes a video can lead to multiple links and numerous shares.
Video Answers & Google Snippets
- Google has a crush on videos because people love them, too. According to a statistic released by Moovly, webpages with embedded videos are 50x more likely to appear on SERP than webpages without one.
- Google will especially appreciate if your embedded video comes from YouTube, its video hosting platform.
Platforms for Hosting and Sharing Videos: There are many video platforms where you can upload, host, and share your videos. YouTube is, by far the most popular one, which is owned by Google. Each platform comes with specific characteristics that are tailored to suit certain types of users.
YouTube: If you care greatly about SERP, then your focus should be primarily on YouTube videos. It is a free platform whose popularity is ever-expanding.
Vimeo: This is an excellent platform for hosting high-quality videos, collaborating with others on your videos, sharing, and so on. It offers powerful analytics that can help you get some insights on how your video performs, your viewers, and so on.
Wistia: This is quite a unique video marketing platform as it creates the JSON-LD markup for your video. Perhaps it is one of the best for raising brand awareness and video SEO.
Conclusion: Google is particularly interested in video answers that serve search queries. Suppose, you plan to focus more on video marketing. In that case, you need to figure out what your targeted audience wants to see, how to create the best possible videos for your targeted audience, how to make the most of SEO for videos and choose the best platform that will serve your business goals best.